In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

LWRC vs PARA TTR rifle

shark1j@aol.comshark1j@aol.com Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
In the experts point of view which is superior and why.... GO.....

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_rifle.php

http://www.lwrifles.com/

Comments

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,488 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neither, save yourself a ton of money and get yourself a AR180
    Well that of course is my opinion if I'm an expert, no probably not as I feel most people that are experts get paid to be one. Or at least being an expert most of the day. Besides I really doubt if any one here even has a Para. I never heard of them until you asked. Well I consider myself well informed. There are just to many companies popping up over night. You need time to tell if any thing is better than some thing else.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An original AR180 is a collectors item and a classic, it hasnt been made in about twenty years, If i found a new sterling for less then 2,000.00 it would be a safe queen like the Dawoo K1A1.

Out of the two i would go with the para ordnance, The system has less moveing parts and is very reliable.. Plus you can fold it for transport and whatnot, which is a big plus for those who need a compact package that isnt disassembled. the DIGS system has been around for nearly, if not over 20 years, Mainly in competition circles... It was originally designed for pistol comp.

the TTR also has a full length optic rail, the Ar-180 does not... Though midwest indistries makes a replacement railed hand guard, IMHO, it would screw up a good gun to add a full rail system to an Ar-180..
  • shark1j@aol.comshark1j@aol.com Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well I dont care about the other AR no offense...

I am looking at the LWRC or the PARA TTR, can you compare those?
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shark1j@aol.com
    well I dont care about the other AR no offense...

I am looking at the LWRC or the PARA TTR, can you compare those?

I don't know squat about the para, but the lwrc m6 in 5.56 and m6 in 6.8 spc I own are the two finest ar's I have ever handled. I have a "few" ar's, and most are colts, but the lwrc's is by far and away the finest out of the group
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes i can, the LWRC is a short stoke spring actuated system. The digs is best described as a long stroke spring actuated system. They are both very reliable. the digs sytem has a few less parts, and allows for a folding stock, which for some can be important.

DIGS
    An Ar-15 bolt carrier is cut in half and modified, a tube is put in place where the gas key on the traditional DI bolt carrier is, this tube runs too a gas block shrouding and length of gas tube. There is a spring on the tube that acts as a return spring, replaceing the need of a reciever extension. The operating system is "Self Cleaning", and the bolt carrier, not the barrel, still acts as the heat sink, the excess carbon is blown from vent holes in the bolt out of the gun.

Leitner Wise op system,

scroll down until you find the overview once you click on the link below, it is very comprehensive. then, you can do your own evaluations.. I would recommend the digs system as it is cleaner, but that is as far As I will go, as i do not feel comfy telling you how to spend your money.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/lwrc/