In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shipping ammunition

comicdogcomicdog Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I've been reading on a few places that the shipping requirements for ammunition are changing on January 1st 2014. Do you have details on how to ship ammo after December 31st?

Comments

• comicdogcomicdog Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is anyone allowed to ship ammunition the only reason I ask is because our local wal-mart has these clearence boxes of ammunition and the only thing that is wrong with them is the box is ripped or crushed in a corner or 2 and I have no use for the rounds but if someone on here wanted them I would pick them up and ship them to them just for the cost of them plus shipping and 1 dollar for the leg work. The rounds are remington express 300 wby magnum for 13.00 a box I think they have 3 boxes and winchester supreme for 11.00 a box I think there are 5 boxes. It may not even be worth it with the shipping I don't know.
    edited November -1
    Okay this is confusing but I hope someone can clear it up for me.
    We had an auction close. The individual has an address: Minot AFB, ND.
    Can we ship ammunition to an individual living in base housing?
    Yes I know it goes UPS and the OMR-D tag on it. I just want to know if
    it is legal to ship to a base. Never run into this before.
    edited November -1
    What is the best way to ship loaded ammo to a buyer? What kind of cost are we looking at?
    edited November -1
    New to Gunbroker.
    What are the regulations for shipping ammunition? Link to regulations? I have some vintage shotshell boxes I want to put up for auction. Please advise and thanks a million.
    edited November -1
    Folks,

How does an individual ship ammunition to another individual in the USA? Does it have to go UPS? Does it have to be labelled differently? Thanks again. Dutch
    edited November -1
    What is the best, most cost effective way to ship a small amount (40 rds.) of rifle ammo? I just got the run around at USPS.
  • golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 970 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    must ship ups, although fedex may take them. CANNOT I repeat Can't go mail. Must be taken to a UPS hub/depot, not a ups store Mark box orm-d
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What he just said above me- and ship UPS GROUND. The empty BOXES with no ammo can be shipped any way you like.
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    These are right on the money!
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by golferboy426
    must ship ups, although fedex may take them. CANNOT I repeat Can't go mail. Must be taken to a UPS hub/depot, not a ups store Mark box orm-d
    Mark the box: ORM-D small arms ammunition
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ORM-D has to be in a box now. I shipped some ammo a couple weeks ago and the clerk told me this.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Thank you,
    My question is answered. Can I remove this string?
  • heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a link which provides information. It has been my experience that the requirements you may eventually have to comply with will vary depending upon the information you receive from your local UPS hub station.

http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/shipping.htm

I declared several shipments of ORM-D and the local UPS hub station did not know what ORM-D was even though there was placard on their wall pertaining to ORM-D. I had a prepackaged box which they opened to inspect and then resealed. Another time they just took the prepackaged box and sent it for delivery. The local UPS station never asked for an ORM-D label even though I declared the package ORM-D. Some UPS stations won't take live ammunition no matter what.

Regards,

Heavyiron