In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

saiga ak-47

sheepdogsheepdog Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
im trying to figure out how to put a working sling system on my saiga ak-47. i would like it to be single point and as of right now there is no single point mounting location so i have nylon cord looped around the stock and then attached my single point to that. my question is, is there a part that is made for single points to attach to or is there another way i can attach it as-is.

Comments

• sheepdogsheepdog Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    something tells me nobody knows what a saiga ak-47 is...
    edited November -1
    [:(]oh well maybe google knows a little more...
    edited November -1
    wow 42 views and nobody knows a thing?... you think out of 42 experts ONE guy would know something.. lol... ok maybe ill ask a more "expert like" question... whats the best shotgun for duck hunting? (dont actually answer this im making fun of "the experts").. not surprised at the knowledge level though.. i was refered to this site by the guys at "coldwar shooters" who also know a whole lotta nothing.. kinda sad when the gys who sell the damn guns dont know anything about them.
  • bingeebobbingeebob Member Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drill a hole through the front portion of the stock, stick a sling swivel in it and... viola!
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bingeebob
    drill a hole through the front portion of the stock, stick a sling swivel in it and... viola!
    thank you sir.. i was thinking about doing this but was concerned with its strength under the full weight of the gun. but now i have a bungee single point so that should help.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything is better than a bungee cord; sooner or later, the rubber in the cord will fail abruptly.

Neal
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Anything is better than a bungee cord; sooner or later, the rubber in the cord will fail abruptly.

Neal

its not just an ordinary bungee cord. its a purpose made single point sling with bungee cord inside the nylon so it has give and dosent destroy your neck. i think the troops use a similar sling?
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

+1

Or if you have your Saiga converted to pistol grip configuration, the Romanian side folding wire stocks have a convienent sling hook position for using a single point sling.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs

+1

Or if you have your Saiga converted to pistol grip configuration, the Romanian side folding wire stocks have a convienent sling hook position for using a single point sling.

yea i ended up just drilling a hole and threading in a sling eyelet deal. works excellent.