In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

glock goodies

bikerboybikerboy Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone installed nite sights on their glocks and or finger groove grip slides for model 26 for better feel?

Comments

• bikerboybikerboy Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks bud. Did you send it out to glock? I live in south florida, maybe local gunsmith can be trusted to do as well?
    edited November -1
    My bag, I meant to say has anyone installed finger groove slip on grips for model 26 to help with feel?
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 20, 10mm. I have added a scope mount on the frame with a heaeds up disply scope. I have a 6 inch barrel threaded and placed a titanium flash supressor to it. Then I purchased a 32 RD magazine and a snap on stock. Yep if I put the stock on it becomes a short barreld rife so it is just for show now. When all the parts are assembled it does look cool. [8D] With the economy the way it is i am going to have to sell it. bummer
  • mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Night sights are not difficult to install on a Glock, but it requires the correct tools. The factory front sight is knocked off using a punch. The front night sight is installed with a small nut driver and a very small drop of lock tight. Some of the front night sights are suppleid with that little nut driver.

The rear sight requires a sight pusher tool which is about a hundred bucks. I'd check around for a gunsmith or a Glock Armorer (maybe at local PD, Sheriffs office or gun club, gun shop) for that installation.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Glock rear sight tools for both the large and small size slides, but Iam way too far away to be any help.

Law enforcement agencies generally will not work on guns for liability reasons. A competent gunsmith should be able to handle installation of new sights for you.
    edited November -1
    Thanks mrs102, I have a local sheriff lives in my neighborhood. I'll stop by and ask for his suggestions.Maybe he can point me to a gunsmith.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks lefty for your offer to help.The gun shop where I purchased it should be able to help out for sure. I pick my 26 up on tuesday,can't wait, first glock[:D]
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bikerboy
    Thanks lefty for your offer to help.The gun shop where I purchased it should be able to help out for sure. I pick my 26 up on tuesday,can't wait, first glock[:D]

There is a Glock armorer that has a nice setup at all the Suncoast gun shows. Not sure where you are at in S.FL, but they go to Ft. Myers,Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Pierce.

http://www.suncoastgunshows.com/
    Regards, MAALOX
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Ft Lauderdale is only 30 min away.I'll watch for shows scheduled.