In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rear sight for s/s 12ga

jnjbrintonjnjbrinton Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Need a windage adjustable rear sight for a s/s without ven-rib. A clip on would be great. Right barrel shoots 6" right at 25-50 yds. using 3" 00 buck
Thanks
JNJ

Comments

• Ned FallNed Fall Member Posts: 662
    edited November -1
    I'm 76 years old and owned guns for 64 years. My first gun was a single barrel shotgun and I have close to 200 guns in my collection. I have never seen a single barrel shotgun with a rear sight much less a windage adjustable one!
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 10,022 ******
    edited November -1
    "shoots 6" right at 25-50 yds. using 3" 00 buck"..........so who cares?, at 25 yrds you will have a 12" or bigger pattern, you're still 50% on target
  • ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hold a tad to the left when you let the right side go.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think JNJ means "side by side".

The suggestions are good. I've never seen a clip-on sight for a s/s. But, if you want to post photos of your shotgun, or, maybe, tell what kind it is, we might be able suggest something else.

Neal
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    How about a scope. Or maybe a red dot.
  • jnjbrintonjnjbrinton Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess my question wasn't clear regarding a windage adjustable rear sight for a side by side 12ga without a vent rib. I have to hold 6" left to get 80% of the 00 buckshot on a deer size target at 25-50 yds. Holding dead on nets 20% or less. I'm looking for a rear sight like is on my Rem 870 deer guns, but I didn't want to tap my double barrel. Though someone might mfg a clip-on. Going to be walking a lot in heavy cover and the double is 4# lighter that my 870's and has a shorter barrel.
    JNJ