In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Traditions vs Thompson Center Hawken Flintlock

flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Well, I've been brousing around online at Hawken flintlocks and knoticed that the T/C is about 2x as much as the traditions. Is traditions a POS? I was looking for one to learn on and see if I like black powder. However, I don't want a POS to start out with either. Anyone have any experience with the two brands of flintlocks? I would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Comments

• oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T/C American made , Traditions not . You get what you pay for !!!
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As previously stated, you get what you pay for. The Traditions namebrand of muzzleloading firearms are mostly Spainish made. If something goes wrong you are at their mercy for getting parts. With T/C, something goes bad, they fix it 100%. T/C is a 100 % top shelf quality concious. I have owned both. While I would like to see T/C bring back some of their tradidional side lock muzzleloaders of which they have discontinued, Traditions does make a bettr selection of them. The ones that T/C makes are the best!

Best
  • flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I just bought the thompson hawken flintlock!! Can't wait to fire it either. I know you generaly get what you pay for so I thought I'd get the better one.