In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PSL 7.62x54 150 sp ammo???

VitalshockVitalshock Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have just bought a PSL and have been reading many forms about what ammo i should be using. Some people say you should not shoot 180 grains becuase it will hurt the gun, but i can not find any kinds of 7.62x54 150 sp ammo on the market. For target shooting i dont mind using FMJ but for deer hunting its state law to use SP. Anyone know where i can find this type of ammo or is it better to learn how to reload. I do know Igman has a 7.62x54 150 sp, but i have no idea how to buy it.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOOGLE is your friend! Use "7.62 X 54 ammo" as your search term, all kinds will show up for sale.
  • VitalshockVitalshock Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been searching for a few days now and have been on almost every major ammuntion sales website. Have not found a 7.62x54r 150grain SP bullet yet that i can order.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Your info is correct. Up until recently I dont think anyone was making a hunting style bullet in the lighter weight for this caliber. I know when I got mine a few years ago I could not find any and had planned on handloading for it.

I know more recently http://www.prvipartizan.com/ has been making and importing 150gr SP ammo. I am not sure what the status of their ammo is. They had a big fire earlier in the year and so production has been backed up.

I know both Graf's and Midway sell it, but were out last time I looked.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the Info. I guess i will just need to keep checking until they are back in stock. The PSL for a hunting rifle must be a rare thing. I would have thought there would be a bigger market for that type of ammo.
    edited November -1
    I think for now i am just gonna shoot a few 180grain SP out of the gun for deer until the ammo is back in stock. Its not like i will be shooting hundreds of rounds out of it. Hopefully i will not damage the gun with 20 rounds.