In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pedersoli Brown Bess Re-enactment Rifle

tlbullfrogtlbullfrog Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Was given this rifle and have no use for it. Want to sell and need a good asking price.

Pedersoli Brown Bess
flintlock blackpowder
.75 cal
"Grice" engraved

condition: Was used in re-enactments a few times, but I've personally never fired the rifle. Had been sitting in a safe in a garage in SE Texas and built up some surface rust and slight pitting. Wood and metal are probably 85-90% (?).

accessories: Has a soft leather sleeve, bayonnet (also with some pitting), and a leather holster for the bayonnet.

I've got some close-up photos if needed.
ry%3D480

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Refrain from storing it in that leather case, that is probably what caused the rust.
  • firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pedersoli Besses, without the minor corrosion amd pitting, usually go for around $750 to $800; sometimes more with "extras" such as that bayonet that you have. I would take quality pictures that show what you mean by "surface rust and slight pitting", charge a reasonable fee for shipping (both UPS and the USPS have pretty good shipping calculators) and start the musket for around $600.00, with no reserve. Then stand back and wait - you should be happy with the results.

Quality pictures are a MUST! Good luck.

Edit: Just so you know, it's a musket, not a rifle.