In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Kleenbore .22lr ammo (pics posted)

midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
Does this stuff have any collector value? I have a couple bricks of it laying around... I'd like to know if it's worth saving or if I should just shoot it up.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    it depends on the age, "kleenbore" was Remingtons name for their non corrosive priming and was use from the mid 1930's on up. if your boxes are the "dog bone'(pre-ww-2) type, then yes they do have some value. Shipping $$$ is the problem, figur about $15/brick and must go "orm-d" from a ups 'hub'.
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    can you post a photo ? that is the best way for us to evaluate your discovery.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some that were bought in the mid 60's and stored properly. My 121 Rem will sing with that stuff, the HD Military functions flawlessly. I wouldn't just go blast it away to get rid of it. I think all the new bulk packed packed stuff is crap. The best resonable stuff I have found is CCI minimag.

Added Yep thats the box style I have. They were on sale for a penny each including tax, with a limit of 200 rounds at a time. All 5 kids made many trips through the check stand. I think I about 8 at the time, wish we had made a few a few more trips each.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    I have some that were bought in the mid 60's and stored properly. My 121 Rem will sing with that stuff, the HD Military functions flawlessly. I wouldn't just go blast it away to get rid of it. I think all the new bulk packed packed stuff is crap. The best resonable stuff I have found is CCI minimag.

"" I think all the new bulk packed packed stuff is crap.""
    This stuff IS horrible. Many of my friends buy the 333 and 525 'milk carton' junk at walmart, and just the different sounds it makes coming out of their guns, makes me squirm. I like the federal champion, each round nested in it's own hole in a plastic rack. And it's cheap here on Gunbroker, with free shipping too. Bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [img][/img]1001508.th.jpg

[img][/img]1001507m.th.jpg

Here it is. I have 2 bricks of it. I'm not worried about shipping. It won't be for sale either way. I'm just wondering if I should set it aside or go ahead and shoot it. And fwiw, the remington 525 bulk pack "crap" shoots better than anything else I've tried out of my 10/22. I don't like the various noises it makes either but it consistently holds tighter groups.
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've sold both of those bricks for about 40 each
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those are slightly collectible. If you have ANYTHING without the "keep out of reach of children" warnings, save them. Those are sort after by many people. bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by golferboy426
    I've sold both of those bricks for about 40 each

Those pictures are 2 different sides of the same box.

Babun: I'll have to look for the missing? label. I never even thought to look.