In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 70 7mm Shadow

dougabramdougabram Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
I am just curious i have a Winchester Model 70 7mm shadow, and was wondering how much this gun is worth? winchesterguns.com shows MSRP 939.00. It has only been shot less than 20 times. Was bought for me when I was a kid. Never really enjoyed shooting it. It has a simmons 3-9X40 8-point scope with a Flambeau hard shell case.. what should I sell all this for.....thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dougabram,

Hello, and welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker.

Your Model 70 Shadow, sadly, is most likely not like the one shown on Winchesterguns.com. Those over there are all the Classic Pre-64 style action. However, if it is that type, and not the push feed type, then it should bring $400.00-600.00 in decent shape. If you were able to post some pictures, it would give a more definative answer, or you can look up completed auctions, on the auction side, using the search function. Look at the ones that have actually sold, for rifles like yours, and that will give you a good idea.

Best

EDIT 1

There is a sticky thread near the top of the "Experts Forum", that describes how to post photo's. You will need to use a photo hosting website such ad Photobucket to do so.

Best
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dougabram,

As tr1965 noted that gun is no doubt worth a lot more as a shooter than a selling gun. Right now the market is pretty low. And, the Shadow is not an upgrade model, but rather a basic synthetic model. However, I've had and still have a Shadow that shot/shoot very well. Very tight as far as hunting accuracy goes. Somewhat on the loose side of accuracy when you talk about tactical. Bottom line is they shoot MOA/sub-MOA, all of them, with the right loads. Which is pretty good considering it's an 'off the shelf' rifle. As far as value though, they just don't have it. Non-reinforced synthetic stocks, lite barrels and when in a package, cheap scopes. This never lends itself to good value retention. But, to me, bottom line is they shoot as good as I want them to.
  • Options
    dougabramdougabram Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you both very much for the replies. Glad I found a website that actually gets back to your question. I will work on getting a picture up here quick as I can. Thanks again for the replies.