In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W "Snubnose"

WBachmannWBachmann Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello everyone,
The revolver is a Model 36 - Barrel length 2". I opened the cylinder and on the inside yoke a model number 36 is inprinted. The barrel markings are 38S&W SPL. 38 must be the caliber. The serial number is J103117.
I got a reply about the manufacturing year. 1973.
Thanks for this information.
Does anyone know, if I contacted S&W in Springfield, if they can give me the month of production of this revolver?
Just for my own interest, what is the approx. $Value of this revolver.
Thanks
Walt

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    You can go to the Smith & Wesson website and print out a form. Fill out the form, and send it in with $50, and Roy Jinks will tell you everything there is to know about your gun.

Just don't get in a hurry. I have been waiting for a letter for over a month.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the on-line gun auctions, for ballpark value. Model 36's are probably the most common snubbie that Smith made, back in the day.

Lot of them show up on the auctions. Don't pay any attention to the ridiculous asking prices some of the pipe dreamers are trying to sell them for though, only the actual selling price(s).
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WBachmann
    what is the approx. $Value of this revolver.

$250 - $400 depending on condition, if you have the original box, etc.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly