In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

kroil by kano

tobyfloyd61tobyfloyd61 Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in Ask the Experts
Kano sent aerosol in stead of liquid I ordered is just as good.. thanks

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really foul stuff. Only use it outside, or in a very well ventilated area, Besure and wear eye protection also. The liquid is bad. Aerosol could be much more dangerous. If you get back splashed by the spray.
  • Options
    tobyfloyd61tobyfloyd61 Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks rufe snow its not what I ordered just want to make sure the aerosol will not harm ....Thanks again
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Works the same. But, as Rufe-snow noted, kroil under pressure is going to get more places that you like if you don't use it outdoors. BTDT....[:(]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hey Rufe Snow I thought you texas guys were tough I like Kroil for after shave
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter

I guess I'm just a wimp. I was storing some stuff similar to Kroil, in a plastic milk jug. It was in a Rubber Maid tote in my shed. Forgot about it. 6 months later there was stain on the shed floor, that I couldn't figure what it came from? Turns out that diesel oil/solvent? Ate through the milk jug and the Rubber Maid tote.

Keep on using it for aftershave, you will be a candidate for a new face.[:D]
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I soaked a Lyman front sight in a cheap sandwich bag with a pool of Kroil for 2 years.

Never ate thru. You better check your shed for beavers.

PS - after 2 years that rusty crappy sight cleaned up almost new with a nylon bristle brush.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello:
    A friend of mine had a Forrester reloading press that was all rusted closed. I treated it with "kroll" in a plastic bag - and later used a brass bristle brush. It cleaned up very nice. When he moved to west Florida to be with is daughter he left the press to me. I now have a Forrester - an RCBS - and a Lee press. The Forrester is a dream to change dies in.

Best Regards:
    AdamsQuailHunter
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have soaked piece parts in an old Cool Whip plastic tub for months with no ill effect to the plastic container. I leave the Kroil in the plastic tub until I am ready to use it.
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just saw an email sent to me some time ago about the penetrating qualities of different penetrating oils. Kroil was a little better than Liquid Wrench but the best was a homemade brew of 50/50 Automatic Transmission Fluid and Acetone. It outperformed all others by a significant margin.
  • Options
    SwanKongSwanKong Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter

Hellfire!!, when I'm sick I take full tablespoon of Kroil and then I forget all about my cold!!