In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

agostinoagostino Member Posts: 414 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ask the Experts
Check out the Snake Charmer 11, short & sweet.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    how is the .410s popularity, do you think that is will go out of popularity any time soon.

Thankyou and Godbless
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my father just purched a .410 i will list info i have..410 3" firearms international corp.washington dc. 20022serial # 10042bif anyone can help w/ facts about this gun please do so. thanks double r.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend has acquired a double .410, 2.5 inch only. hammered shotgun. The only name on the plate is "Richard." It's a backlock. There are no other markings on the gun. It appears someone has driven small headed nails in a pattern into the wood, but it does not appear to be American Indian, at least no pattern I've ever seen. To me it appears more Middle Eastern. Any ideas?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be anything. Perhaps a piece meal unit. Pic's would help.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As W.W. Greener said, the number of knockoff guns with some variation of the Westley Richards trademark is legion.

NO other markings whatsoever? Not on the "water table" or barrel flats, out of sight with the gun assembled? Belgian knockoffs are very common, but they have Belgian proof marks. A lack of proof marks indicates American manufacture. Crescent made guns with a wide variety of brand names, I see "W. Richards" and "Rickard" but not just "Richard."

Nailhead decoration, maybe a kid playing Cowboys and Indians.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Richard was a trade name used on shotguns by both F. Dumoulin and Company of Liege, Belgium and Henri Pieper and successors (Etablissment Pieper, S.A. and Anciens Etablissment Pieper S.A.) also of Liege, Belgium in the period 1885-1915.

Shotguns of this era may have Damascus, Twist or Laminated Steel barrels which are not considered safe with modern ammunition.

https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/richard-belgium-double-barrel-shotgun-343448.html
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with H.C.. If it were Belgian, it would have some of their proofs.

"No proofs", Most likely, it would be Crescent, or some other U.S. maker. The only other possibility, could be that it's Spanish made. They were the only European country that didn't proof their guns, until well into the 20th Century.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen a lot of "no markings" posts. Then it turns out to be, "well except for those funny little squiggles on the bottom." I have a shotgun with no external markings. But a series of proof marks and even a fine print maker's mark on the barrel and receiver flats.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, there may be some under the wooden fore end if it's pulled off.