In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weaver V8 scope question

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ask the Experts
The Weaver V8 scope uses an externally adjustable rear mount/ring. Does this fit on a regular Weaver base or does it require a special base? Thanks for any information.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never seen a regular Weaver base with a windage adjustable mount on it, doesn't mean they didn't make them.

added So I looked on flea bay and yes it appears they fit on regular Weaver bases.
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1; have used V8 on regular Weaver bases.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several Weaver V8's (bought my first one shortly after they came out) and, yes, they fit on standard Weaver top mount bases.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all for your quick replies. I am happy to learn that the scope being shipped to me will fit on a gun with standard Weaver bases. Best regards from the Blue Ridge of Southwest Virginia.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this is an old post but I got curious: Does your Weaver V8 have the triple cross-hairs?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello T walker if you need a place to shoot rifle after mounting scope check out RRPC
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Weaver scope not sure if it is a V8 but it has the external windage and elevation adjustments on the Weaver scope mounts. I know I picked them up on ebay a long time ago. The external windage and elevation adjustments on the Weaver mounts caught my interest not the scope they were mounted on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My scope mounted easily using a standard Weaver base on an older H&R single shot in 25-06 caliber. It has the single crosshair, not the rarely seen multi crosshair. It has held zero well. I recently bought another one of these scopes on the Goodwill auction site. It's now on a Remington 721 in 300 H&H caliber. I haven't shot it yet. It uses the standard Weaver two piece base set secured with lock tite. Luckily, I can shoot off my back deck. I have an 80 yard range there and if it's raining or too cold I can just open the kitchen window and shoot from the counter top. An added bonus is that the field has lots of clover and I can watch deer, turkeys, groundhogs, and an occasional black bear almost every day.
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's another interesting Weaver reticle feature where the three cross hairs merge together at low power and separate at higher power. Got that one on ebay too. The one that I really liked was the K 1.5 with a post reticle - every time I looked through it I wondered where the extra 0.5 power went to - LOL. Ended up using a K 2.5 with a post reticle which worked much better.