In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock question

asopasop Member Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
i have never owned a glock but am thinking of buying one in 9mm.What is the difference in the Generations things.I see them advertised using the different generations.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    okay, so i havent fired my new glock yet, but upon working rounds in and out of the action, i notice burrs being created on the edges of the casings, and a corresponding scratch down to the bottom of each case. an intersting note is that the burrs are at a slight angle, perhaps 10 or 15 degrees. whats causing these burrs? is this something i should get looked at? or am i just being "@nal retentive"? thank you in advance for your comments and advice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I recently purchased a GLOCK model 22 with one mag..I would like to purchase a few more but I see some auctions are stating that they are GENERATION 3 Mags...What does this mean and how can I tell if mine is a GEN 3 or not...Am I just being a little tarded here or are they all compatable??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My son bought a Glock in 40 S&W. I was talking to a friend at the range that said Glocks do not support the bottom of the case well enough and that reloading cases fired in a Glock could result in case failure. True?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok what is the deal with Glocks? Are they a good gun or are they not up to par compared to say a S&W 9mm, Beretta 92 or 96, or a 1911? Also does anybody make a gun that has the same type of slide release that a Glock has? With my hands this is one of the only gun that i can relase the slide with one hand with out requiring an extention. Thanks

Knightrider

P.S.
    To all people that read the early verson of this question, I am sorry for the vaugeness, I was very tired when I wrote in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone, I wanted to ask about a product that was made to work in a Glock. I have seen them on ebay and gunbroker in the past but now I do not see them anywhere. It is something like an arrow or dart that you stick down the barrel of a Glock and it is powered by a 12 gauge primer, does anyone know what this is, and if it is any count.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't know much about them. That being said what are the pro and cons of the mod. 26 generation 4 vs. the generation 5? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    did glock make model 22 second generation model 22 with the sci insignia on it[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok here is my problem, I have listed a Glock 31 in 357sig for sale, and I received an e-mail from another member concerning the gun. I have the gun listed as a first generation Glock - it has no finger grooves or accessory rail and that is my understanding of a first generation style gun. The member that e-mailed me stated that Glock did not make any first generation 357sig guns. So is my definition of "first" generation incorrect? I know the guns not unique I have seen dozens like it in 357, 10MM an 45.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My son just bought his first gun, a Glock. I reload for all my guns. The paperwork that came with the Glock says DO NOT USE RELOADED AMMO. Is this just the typical lawyer language covering themselves or is there a valid reason I am missing.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I might be prejudiced, but I'm still shooting the G 17. I bought new, in 1986. For all practical purposes, Glock's don't wear out.

Because of this, they got to come up with some new latest and greatest gingerbread every year. So that the deluded sheeple, will have a reason to go out and buy a brand new one.

Don't have a clue what the difference is between the generations 4 and 5 of the G 26. Doubt if it is anything substantial. Best thing would be to get one of the used gen 4's, that a sheeple has traded in to get a gen 5. Probably save yourself a bundle, you can use to buy practice ammo.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The main things are that the Gen 5 has no finger grooves on the grip and it has an ambidextrous slide release.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And crap ton of after market bits to make it "perfect".
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably the best one out there is the Gen 3. People always say...oh boy...look at the new one...it has this, or that that the pervious one didn't have. Truth be told, the interchangeable hardware on gen 4 and 5's is of little use 95% of the time, and the stuff from gen 5's are not interchangeable with Gen 1-4...Gen 5 is definitely out, but my preferred is the Gen 3.

EDIT 1

quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    quote:Originally posted by khornet
    If "Glock Perfection" is true why are they on gen 5?

As I said, in my first post. If they don't bring out a new gen every year. Folks would just keep on shooting their older guns, and Glock would be hurting. Some deluded folks, just have to have the latest and greatest. To keep up with the Jones's. They have to have something to brag on, when they are on line with other gun shop commandos.

Amen, Rufe!
  • Options
    khornetkhornet Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by khornet

As I said, in my first post. If they don't bring out a new gen every year. Folks would just keep on shooting their older guns, and Glock would be hurting. Some deluded folks, just have to have the latest and greatest. To keep up with the Jones's. They have to have something to brag on, when they are on line with other gun shop commandos.
  • Options
    KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    Don't know much about them. That being said what are the pro and cons of the mod. 26 generation 4 vs. the generation 5? Thanks

Cons would be it holds 2 rounds less than a S&W M&P9C, and in my opinion is not as comfortable in the hand. I really like mine, have not heard if they are coming with that variant in the Gen 2.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All mine are Gen 3 thanks to CA. The only thing I miss is being able to switch the mag release from right to left handed which came with Gen 4.