In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping primers

badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
Reading through the sticky about shipping ammo and I'm a little confused. If I'm reading it correctly, I can ship primers as ORM-D with no further hazmat requirements or labeling? Basically follow the same procedure as shipping loaded ammunition? I have 5000 primers I would like to list for auction but don't want to have create a problem shipping.
Thanks in advance.
Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.

Comments

• Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First time boys shipping primers .. I have small rifle and pistol primers coming in.. Is there anything I need to know.. I will be shipping UPS..
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    hello I would look at places like MIDWAY Cabelas etc and see what their shipping rules are in your state do they charge HASS MAT on just shipping for primers ? they know the rules for each state
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never shipped primers. But believe they are considered, hazardous material like smokeless powder. Because of this, special handling is required by the common carrier. They add a Hasmat fee, over and above their normal exorbitant shipping charges.

Besides being * around by them, because the primers are considered Hasmat. Somebody is going to have to pay, the additional Hasmat fee. Either you or the buyer.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Primers can mass detonate t hey are hazmat
    Ammo will not mass detonate. Better reread the regs
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    primed brass ok ..massed primers = hazmat
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Loaded ammunition is not subject to HAZMAT charges, but a $33 HAZMAT charge is imposed for shipments of primers and/or powder from FedEx and about the same from UPS.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    do as you wish, my guess would be cheaper to sell locally at show or in paper. less hassle
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above sell locally, imo.