In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pricing of coll. ctgs.

gunboobgunboob Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
Due to the passing of a friend, I am sole keeper of a mound of coll. ctgs. Some, not many. Some, more. Some, a bunch. Some, hundreds. I will want to get rid of them at attractive prices that those interested will be drawn to, but, even then, I have to know something. Lists I have come upon are scarce, not having many items, therefore, not finding out a thing. Is there any such thing (or site) like a "Bluebook of ctg. prices", or, "Ctg. coll. Price Guide". I am pretty frustrated here.
Bob

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plug the following into GOOGLE, collectors pistol cartridges

It will provide a start in your quest. Be advised, shipping loaded ammunition, no matter the quantities is a pain in the butt. It can't be sent through the US mail. Has to go by UPS or Fedex. They are not easy to deal with, regarding their shipping regulations for loaded ammo.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like everything else condition is important and then rarity. Selling prices and buying prices might not be on the same planet. Special stuff or full boxes in great condition might justify the extra hassle and expense to ship them.

I would google every one and see what turns up. I think I have a Maxim headstamp 45 ACP, was $50 last time I looked many years ago before the web.

At good gunshows there is usually at least one cartridge person. This weekend is the Mesa AZ show. I'm might go just to look at the old collectible stuff, nothing they make these days interests me.

Have fun, you are handling history.

added that other link didn't work for me http://www.ammo-one.com/00.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With an intent to close this thread,...If I find an interested party, he's gonna hafta show up here....There's no way I'm handling all this weight. Red Bud, Il. does not have a UPS center, and I have to tote hazmet things 25 miles. He's gotta come,...see and approve,...pay remittance,...load up,...take away. Them dang terrorists have made it tough on most of us. I used to take stuff to the drug store,...pay a little money,...and wave goodby.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try a gun show in your area. Usually there is a guy or two who sells old cartridges, and perhaps you could find one to come take a look and make an offer. Gun stores in the area might also know such a guy.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunboob
    With an intent to close this thread,...If I find an interested party, he's gonna hafta show up here....There's no way I'm handling all this weight. Red Bud, Il. does not have a UPS center, and I have to tote hazmet things 25 miles. He's gotta come,...see and approve,...pay remittance,...load up,...take away. Them dang terrorists have made it tough on most of us. I used to take stuff to the drug store,...pay a little money,...and wave goodby.

I believe, your best bet would be to compile a list of your cartridges.To send to the various cartridge dealers on the net. Tell them, that your not interested in selling individual cartridges or box lots. You want to get rid of them all, in one transaction. And are willing to sell them, at a substantial discount to get them off your hands.

If the cartridges you have, are desirable to collectors? And are something the cartridges dealers can sell for good money? They will make a beeline to your place. On the other hand if they are mostly blasting ammo, of little value to anybody but a shooter. Your going to be stuck with them.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - you might check with Dave Call at www.ammmo-one.com. There is an area on the web page in a blue chick here box if selling.

Also "tailgunner1954" was a collector - but he hasn't posted since 6/3/17. You might put up a "paging tailgunnner1954" post in both the Ask the Experts and General Discussion forums to see if he is still watching the forums. Unfortunately the e-mail envelop icon doesn't seem to work on the forums at the moment or you could contact him directly.

Best Regards - AQH
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    have you gone in person to the nearest mom & and pop gun shop and asked if they would come to your house and make an offer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here I am again. I just pre-set up for a Belleville, Ill. show this week end. There was NOBODY in the loop there for that. What else is new. This post,however, is for the purpose of a public service. I found out that there is to be an "International Cartridge Show" in St. Louis, near the airport, in April. Lets "Google" it and see,....that oughta be interesting.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    email sent. for info. Walt
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, sell them on GunBroker; I've heard they handle that sort of thing.
    Seriously, there are many collector cartridges sold here for sometimes insanely high prices-in my opinion. I have bought quite a few goodies, myself.
    The best sellers hold your purchases until you have accumulated a whole bunch, which results in cheaper shipping costs per round. Sometimes you can get 100 rounds shipped for about what one round cost to ship.
    Let us know if you list them; I can always use more of what I have too much of already!