In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ 527 magazine??

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if the magazine for the 204 and the 222 are interchangeable in the 527? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 527's in .204 and .223. I have never tried to swap the magazines. The followers are stamped with the cartridge designations. I also have rifles (not 527) in .222. When I get a chance, I'll see if the mags will swap and see if the shorter .222 cartridges will fit and feed from the .204 mag. Of course, that won't tell you if the .204 mag will fit in a .222 rifle.

EDIT: I believe, based on what I just tried, the answer is "no". The .223 and .204 mags will swap, ie., they will seat in either rifle. But there is an indentation or reverse ridge in the sides of the mags that contacts the cartridge shoulder. Those indentations are in different locations in my two mags. The rounded top edge of that indentation acts to lift the front of the cartridge to align it with the chamber as the bolt pushes it forward. When I put .222 cartridges in the .204 mag, they would just push into the front of the mag since, without having contact with the top edge of that indentation, they would not angle up enough to enter the chamber.