In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Insurance ????

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Ask the Experts
OK :

Got a buddy of mine who is in the process of opening a 'gun shop ' : he cant seem to find any local agent who will offer insurance ???

Any suggestions ???? ( from other dealers ) ???

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact and join National Shooting Sports Foundation. Lots of good programs and advice.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rather than posting a 1/2 dozen links, here is thee search parameter for getting the companies you need:

Type In 'insurance companies for licensed firearms dealers'

You should get a couple of dozen companies but you can be critical about which ones will work for your buddy.

Best.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thanks for all the replies !!!

Looks like its going to be the NRA ???

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but........... the NRA doesn't really sell insurance; they have an arrangement with an insurance company.

You didn't tell us where your buddy lives. Many states have insurance commissioners, who investigate insurance companies before giving them permission to operate in the state. Some even require them to post bonds. Be sure to vet any company before sending them money.

Neal