In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Difference between Remington 34P & 34 NRA Target ?

zvettezvette Member Posts: 118
edited April 2018 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know the difference between the Remington Bolt Action 22 rimfire Model 34P and Model 34 NRA (Junior) Target ? Other than the marking. Both have peep sights, one stamped 34P the other 34 NRA Target. Edit I do notice that 2 I have seen marked NRA Target had tapped holes for a scope mount, so is that the difference, maybe? I assumed they were added but now thinking factory.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to "Remington Firearms", by Roy Marcot. The only difference between the 34P, and the 34 N.R.A., Junior, Target Grade Rifle. Is that the latter model, came with sling swivels, and a military type adjustable leather sling.
  • Options
    zvettezvette Member Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    According to "Remington Firearms", by Roy Marcot. The only difference between the 34P, and the 34 N.R.A., Junior, Target Grade Rifle. Is that the latter model, came with sling swivels, and a military type adjustable leather sling.

Well that sounds right, thanks. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who might have a 34 NRA Target if they have the scope mount tapped holes, just to see if that might have also been a feature or at least a factory option.