In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1903A3 Rear sight replacement

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Ask the Experts
Is there a rear sight or a replacement Peep for the 1903A3?

1. I don't want a "Lyman" type sight I will have to drill holes for.

2. I want the sight to either replace the stock sight exactly in the dovetail or I would like a smaller peep for the standard sight.

Thanks in advance.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know these aren't what you're looking for but aren't they nice!!
    http://www.nationalmatcharmory.com/Target Sights For 1903.html
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First thing for you to do. Is to measure the dovetail, to see if it's a standard size. Use a dial caliper on the flat internal surface of the dovetail.

Than give Brownell's customer service folks a call. To see if they stock similar sized rear sights. That will fit the dovetail in the Springfield.

The dovetail on their rear sights, might be slighter larger? As some male dovetails rely.on a interference fit. To stay secure in position. Rather than relying on a set screw, to stay in position.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know of one.
    All I can think of is to thread the GI aperture for a target sight disk.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Solder the hole shut, use # drill of your choice. Magic marker the solder black. No real harm to the sight when done correctly and is reversible. There was a pen applicator for solder black at one time.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    Solder the hole shut, use # drill of your choice. Magic marker the solder black. No real harm to the sight when done correctly and is reversible. There was a pen applicator for solder black at one time.

Good idea!
    RLTW