In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Assy and Adjust Vintage Mossberg Scope

zvettezvette Member Posts: 118
edited April 2018 in Ask the Experts
I have a 1930's era Wards Model 20 scope (same as Mossberg 3a ?) which I disassembled in order to clean lenses and replace one cracked lens. I marked the two tube location screw plates, but still curious how these are supposed to be adjusted ? Perhaps assemble thru first tube, focus, then next tube and focus again ??

Also curious as to purpose of the disc with the small hole in it that is in series with the lens assemblies. Is it like a pinhole camera where it adds depth of field and flips the image maybe ?

I have searched for a couple of days for instructions without luck, and it would be nice to find an original manual or copy.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try these folks - they are all things Mossberg

http://havlinsales.com/default.htm

I'm thinking it limits the influence of the lenses edge imperfections.

I think I would try and fill it with dry air. Maybe use a vacuum sealer, then spray in canned air or insert a chunk of dry ice, then reach in the sack and screw on the end(s)/caps.

good luck.