In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nambu Type 94 Gun

joedawolfjoedawolf Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
I have a Nambu Type 94 gun and the bolt is stuck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd start with making sure it's not loaded. A rod in the barrel to check the length to the 'breach face' or try and shoot it in a safe direction from a secure mount with a string.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_94_Nambu_pistol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ux7nLSz5xk

added I would still check the barrel for a round. Often autoloaders can jam shut on a round making it very hard to cycle. The gun and original ammo were not top notch even when new. After you are sure its empty, you could try pressing the barrel into a wood block/desk. A wood/plastic shim could be tapped in by a helper to put pressure on the slide, while you pull back.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is nothing in the magazine. I already saw that video. I can't budge the bolt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the bolt to move?
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know nothing about them. I watched a couple of the youtube videos.
    I would liberally lube it with penetrating fluid, especially around the locking block area. Then put a rod down the barrel and rap it with a hammer a few times (assuming an empty chamber). Looking at a schematic, it is possible that the hammer is frozen in place in the fired position. Not sure if that would prevent the breechbolt from moving. Good luck.
    Another way to exert pressure is to drill a hole in a piece of wood large enough for the barrel to go thru but not large enough for the end of the slide. Then rap on the back of the frame with a plastic or rubber hammer.
    Try pushing the muzzle of the barrel in while holding the slide stationary. This is supposed to unlock the slide after the breechblock is removed, but may work. I do not understand how the breechblock functions. Seems like a friction lock-up. All directions say to remove the magazine first before starting to disassemble.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Take a wooden dowel (pencil?) and with a neoprene or like mallet, give it a sharp rap through the barrel

WARNING AGAIN. ENSURE NO CARTRIDGE IS IN THE CHAMBER.

You didn't say when it was made, but the early ones were well made. The 43 on, not so mach. Sometimes they can be cranky.

I just read the previous replies [:p]

Great minds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks. That worked. All is good now.