In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage Model 512 Gold Wing

gone_huntinggone_hunting Member Posts: 5
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
Hello All,
I own a Savage/Stevens Model 512 Gold Wing (now discontinued), and need to find some replacement parts for repairing it. I'm looking to find the part(s) that go between the trigger and the sears. I cannot tell from the schematic located on the Savage website, what these parts are called, which makes my search all the more difficult. Can anyone offer any help as to what these parts are, and/or point me to someone who might be able to provide them? I would be very grateful![:)]

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry GH, I've got nothing but bad news for you.
    The 512 was made in Turkey by a bunch of sub contractors, meaning one company made the trigger, and another may have made the sears, and another...etc.
    The company that Savage contracted to, assembled the parts.
    Quality control on the parts was piss poor to say the best. Savage only gave a one year warranty on them, then dropped the model because of it. Parts too.
    Fixing it would be like putting new horse shoes on a 40yr old horse. The horse will wear out before the shoes do.
    Your two best options to get it working again;
    Find a broken one cheap for parts.
    Have a smith fabricate the parts(expensive).
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    I had one of these come in to the shop with a missing screw in the trigger assy. (and several 'loose' parts because of it). I called Savage for a schematic as I could replace the screw, they said to return the shotgun to them.................they sent me a new shotgun...for want of a #0 screw and reassembly.