In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911A1

o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
saw one today has United states Property M1911A1
Pattent Dates 1897/1902/1911/1913
Left side under slide release WB // P under Mag release// Q trigger guard
Right side trigger guard 69
Has been reblued/Black
After market grips and colt magazine
No dings or scratches
I have no pictures says he was offered $1000.00

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    hi i have a 1911a1 .45 ACP when i shoot the gun it fires and chambers rounds fine but after fireing a round it wont recock the hammer, the only way to fire anouther round is to pull the hammer back with my thumb, anyone know what could be causing this?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my springfield armory 1911a1{bought used} has a wilson barrel *stupid question alert* is this factory {marlin barrels on springfield m1's as an example is my reasoning}or as i suspect aftermarket? also i am somewhat new to pistols and how do you decock the hammer, on this pistol.sorry, i know rifles and shotguns, baseball and football but not pistols. thanks[This message has been edited by jdb123 (edited 03-07-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt 1911A1 that checks out for all of the inspector's marks and other stampings as a 1942 manufacture. The finish is close to 95-97% and is original. I also have a mag. that appears to be of the correct era as well as an US issue shoulder holster.

What is the approx. value?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I Am am looking at a Remington Rand 1911A1 that has been reworked at the Rock Island Armory and stamped with RIA on the receiver. All of the markings and parts appear to be correct for the gun except for the stocks.What effect does this have on the value of the firarm? Regards: Vic D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi all got a question what is the easiest way to lighten a springfeild armory 1911a1 5 inch ss mil spec trigger .
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He should have taken the 1K and sold then IMO.

It's not original, it's not 'special' and without the serial number we don't know the manufacturer.

Sounds more like a $500 'mix master' to me.

I suggest the slide with the Patent dates on it are from a 1911 (not a 1911A1) and the frame if stamped 'M1911A1' that indicates the parts don't match.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WB for Waldemar Boberg, Odnance inspector at Colt early WWII.
    Even an Arsenal rework would be "worth" a grand these days, but a commercial reblue pretty well knocks out collector interest and dollar value.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Forgot Colt SN# 7936xx
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by o b juan
    Forgot Colt SN# 7936xx

According to my reference, this SN was manufactured by Colt, in 1941. Prior to Pearl Harbor. If the slide is original to the frame? It would have had a much better finish, than later made wartime guns. The commercial refinishing, really hurts the value on something like this.

EDIT #1,

From more research 793,6XX. Was shipped from Colt, with a Parkerized finish. And slide was serial numbered to the frame. With the serial number. located underneath the firing pin retainer.