In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage Model 19 NRA

souperbeesouperbee Member Posts: 3
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
I have a savage model 19 NRA rifle and am looking for a magazine catch for it. It appears that mine is broken but I am not for sure. I just picked it up and have not pictures or anything to compare it with. Does anyone know what it should look like or where I can possibly get one?

Thanks

Robert

email: rehowerter@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    souperbeesouperbee Member Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    I have a Savage Model 19 NRA which I owned since I was 16, which the magazine holds 5 bullets. Do you know of a magazine that I can use to hold more ammo. 10 would be better 20 would be fantastic! When I was young and dumb I took off the sling. I am 67 now and would like to put one back on. I am pretty sure the chances of a good used one are slim. Do you know of any place where I can pick one up?
    Thank you for your time.
    souperbee
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag depends on early or late version, the early version used a 7 rounder that was rounded in the front and the later version was squared in front like most other savage 22 rimfires that was a 5 rounder, there are larger ones like that style but not the earlier.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Triple K makes a modern replacement mag. But I believe it's the same capacity, as the original Savage? See link below.

https://www.triplek.com/product/savage-nra-19-22-lr/