In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Steyr GB Decocking Lever

JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
Please help me find a Steyr GB pistol decocking lever. The usual parts sellers do not have one. Thanks for any ideas on where to look.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use to own one. Quit shooting it, when I found out that their were no spare parts available. Other than by cannibalization.

Steyr made only a limited number. For the Austrian military trials, and hoped for commercial sales. From the early to mid 80's. When Glock won the Austrian competition. And the commercial sales didn't materialize. Steyr pulled the plug, circa 1986?

When I owned mine. There was a guy on the net, looking for a extractor for his. I don't know, if he ever was able to score one?
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am well aware of the history. They were actually imported until 1988. Whether they continued in production in Europe is unknown.

These soft-shooting pistols are my absolute favorite 9x19 to shoot, and the magazine capacity is hard to beat. I cannot pass them up when I see one priced under market. Unfortunately, I did not check the decocker when I bought this last one! The gun is fully functional, except it cannot be decocked with the decock lever because a chunk is broken out of a weak spot. I have a plan to repair it, but thought I would seek a replacement first.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JudgeColt
    I am well aware of the history. They were actually imported until 1988. Whether they continued in production in Europe is unknown.

These soft-shooting pistols are my absolute favorite 9x19 to shoot, and the magazine capacity is hard to beat. I cannot pass them up when I see one priced under market. Unfortunately, I did not check the decocker when I bought this last one! The gun is fully functional, except it cannot be decocked with the decock lever because a chunk is broken out of a weak spot. I have a plan to repair it, but thought I would seek a replacement first.

Mine was a impulse buy. Because I was impressed with one, I had shot years before. The novelty wore off quickly, after I shot it a couple of times. Objectively, it was a heavy oversize clunker, compared to my G 17. No doubt the Austrian Army felt the same way. When the dumped it in favor of the Glock.

When I found out about the non available replacement parts. If something went sideways. Into the safe it went.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I came across a very nice commercial GB at a show about 6 months ago, in the correct box, complete with warranty card.

I've been wanting to take it out and run a couple mags through it. Judge, you're making me rethink that and just be happy shooting my Steyr M9A1!
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.