In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Gun Socks For Scoped Rifles

Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
I like to store my firearms in guns socks while they're in the safe to keep them from getting dinged and scratched. Most standard size socks fit my shotguns pretty well, but they really have to be stretched to the limit get them on scoped rifles. There are some on the Internet that are supposed to be specifically made for scoped rifles, for example, Bulldog oversized gun socks. I need to buy about a half dozen, but don't want to blindly order something that won't fill the bill. Can anyone recommend a gun sock specifically made for a scoped rifle and where to buy them?

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,140 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wanna say Boar or Bore gun sock. The guy I see at the gun show is very helpful. A friend of mine that goes to the gun show with us buys from him. Dude will make custom sock by cutting and then sowing to your dimension. Like you my friend packs his guns like sardines in a tin instead of buying another safe.

Now he has his wife doing the cutting and sewing (from what he tells us). Not sure if it's what he does or the company. For all I know dude and the misses are the company? Measure and add 2" to Length and also add 2" to width/height is also what he told him to do.

Dude has socked his rifle with scopes but I wouldn't without covering the glass. A Bikini Scope cover (those neoprene numbers) or the plastic flip ups. I just don't like the idea of trying to clean off the silicone residue off the glass.