In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

small 22

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
several years ago i saw a small stainless 22lr mini revolver double action ..maybe with a folding trigger ?? at a gun shop ..similar in size to a NAA single action ...can't remember brand ????? seemed rather exoensive at the time ??? any clues >> thanx

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago, in .22 Short, and nickel plated, there was the Baby Hammerless. Made by Kolb and by Sedgley. Went out of production in the 1930s. Double action only, folding trigger. 1 inch bbl. Frequently with real Mother of Pearl grips, rarely in blued steel.

Have a couple of them- cute and pretty useless, but TINY.

https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/KolbBH/kolbbh.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this was a new production item maybe 15-20 ??? years ago
  • Options
    edited November -1
    brain finally kicked in Casull 2000 Freedom arms... small production to expensive but real quality..i remember one for sale but seems like at the time it was about $500
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never was aware, that these were made? Learn something new, every day.

04-07-2013_06_30_09PM.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    found one for sale.... $2K....to rich for me but would love to have one of the little gizmos...i am thinking when i saw one at a nearby gun store back then it was $450-$500 ?? now would have been an investment now NAA is making a swing out cylinder and a top open model...think i should trade up my 22lr/mag to one 22 mag with 2.5" bbl ...pocket carry with shot for copperheads at the lake place...but not sure which be the better choice ???
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    found one for sale.... $2K....to rich for me but would love to have one of the little gizmos...i am thinking when i saw one at a nearby gun store back then it was $450-$500 ?? now would have been an investment now NAA is making a swing out cylinder and a top open model...think i should trade up my 22lr/mag to one 22 mag with 2.5" bbl ...pocket carry with shot for copperheads at the lake place...but not sure which be the better choice ???

The original High Standard Co., back in the 70's. Made a 9 shot snubbie, with a alloy frame. It would be ideal for pocket carry. After 40+ years though, there not common any more. And kind of pricy, if you could even find one.

For whatever reason, when H-S went belly up. Their successors, did not put them back in production. Like the did with the .22 automatics. The only ones close nowadays, are Smith & Taurus. I guess your best sticking with NAA.
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one of the Casull 22 revolvers when they were made. Was surprisingly accurate, just like the NAA/Freedom Arms mini revolvers. Biggest problem was holding the thing properly.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting. I like the 22/32 kit gun size. They made some in stainless, model 63.

If I shoot my j frame with the factory wood grips I need to place my opposite thumb along the back strap, so I can get enough to hold on to.