In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Herschel SA Mdl 1922

ochocoochoco Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
I would like to get information on the one I have if you can.
The one I have is SN 1012. There is no marking anywhere MI or MII. It has the double firing pin. The flat on the bolt is marked WL with 3 below. The magazine extends below the bottom of the stock. The peep sight is standard. There is no grooves on the forearm. The barrel is marked SA flaming bomb 7-22. The butt plate is metal. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ochoco,

From your description I would say your Model of 1922 has all the original parts. That is a real plus as most 1922 models I see have the 1922M1 magazine. The WL3 bolt is correct. The 1922 bolts did not have the rifle's serial number etched on them so it is not certain that you have the original bolt in your rifle but it still having the original twin striker firing pin is enough to convince me that it is original. The 7-22 barrel date is appropriate for #1012. The rifle came from Springfield Armory with the bolt well in the white. By bolt well I mean the round channel the bolt travels in.
    If the rifle has been reblued the bolt well will have the blue finish like the exterior of the rifle. Congratulation on having a fine example of an original Model of 1922.

I would like to see a photo of the rifle if you could post one here or email it to hsggbar@gmail.com.

Herschel
  • Options
    ochocoochoco Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much for the info. The bolt well is not blued. The safety on the bolt end is blued. There is no etching on it. Posting photos is beyond my ability. Next time I go to visit my kids and grandkids I will try to remember to take it. They can do that sort of thing.