In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SKS Rear Sight Spring

DerBarbarianDerBarbarian Member Posts: 289 ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
Hey guys, apologies in advance for this noobish question. My existing rear sight spring along with the sight popped out last time I went shooting, the spring seems to be toast, so I bought a replacement spring for a whopping $1, but I can't quite figure out how to get it installed properly to where it stays put, as the rear part of the left type spring needs to be seated with the front of it arched upwards to put pressure on the iron sight to keep it in place. I went on youtube and I found a plethora of video's replacing the rear sight itself, but I couldn't seem to find any that involved replacing the spring. I feel like a total noob having to ask this, being that it can't be too terribly complicated, but I can't seem to get it in there and seated correctly, it just wants to pop, or more like fall out.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments