In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

beretta 70 parts

sparkcheck2012sparkcheck2012 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased a parts kit, (everything but the frame), for a beretta 70 puma .32acp. the barell will not fit into the frame, too tight, why would this be?

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing that it needs fitted, or something is wrong/different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_70
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have a frame made by Beretta, with a Beretta serial number, then Beretta parts in Beretta bubble packs should just drop in, with the possible need for burnishing.

Neal
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the frame with magnet. I tried the same thing years back. With a Beretta Model 101. Which I believe is similar to the Model 70. Found out that Beretta used both alloy and steel frames. And there are slight dimensional differences.

Believe that the Model 100, which is a .32, had a steel frame. Whereas the 101 in .22, had a alloy frame. If the 70 your working on, is similar to the 100/101 Models? Might be the crux of the problem?
  • sparkcheck2012sparkcheck2012 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for responding, It has an alloy frame.
    I purchased the parts kit simply for spare parts availability, so no loss no foul.
    The model 70 is a nice little gun and a fun shooter.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the model 70 in both 22 & 32 can I take a measurement for you?
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.