In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

high standard closing its doors OOB

bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Ask the Experts
I just got a notification thru HSCA that all orders for guns have been canceled and customers are being refunded.

Houston high standard, restarted in 1994.....is out of business again.
[:(]
Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Former NSSA All American
Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
MO, CT, VA.

Comments

• Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only 'we' could get Elon Musk interested in shooting/owning a firearms company
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the heads up! They also, besides H-S's. Had started limited production, of some of the California AMT pistols.

If you can also find out. Who is taking over their repair and parts for the older H-S's. It would be appreciated.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    really a shame at one time they were the best target pistols available
    for BULLS EYE pistol matches
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was Houston H/S any good? I think I may have a Victor barrel by them? Not sure since there's no real marking.

Also will their bits bits fit my model 102? Not that I shoot her much. Having spare parts is a good thing.

That reminds me I never took her apart other than field stripping.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a guy Alan Aronstein ? he was a HS guy and has a parts co. I am pretty sure parts will be able to obtain. He is on it
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    If only 'we' could get Elon Musk interested in shooting/owning a firearms company

Not sure how much longer Musk is going to retain any credibility, but if he did take this interest, I kind of doubt it would be in High Standard.

Anyway, kind of a shame that HS is closing shop. . .again. . .but I guess its possible someone might resurrect the brand for the third time.

I have to tell you, my HS is by far my favorite pistol to shoot, bought at the recommendation of board members here over a decade ago (thanks Bob!).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my pleasure bean. and, its good to be back.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx

Not sure how much longer Musk is going to retain any credibility, but if he did take this interest, I kind of doubt it would be in High Standard.

Anyway, kind of a shame that HS is closing shop. . .again. . .but I guess its possible someone might resurrect the brand for the third time.

I have to tell you, my HS is by far my favorite pistol to shoot, bought at the recommendation of board members here over a decade ago (thanks Bob!).

Kind of funny story, regarding this Shootah. Back in the 90's there were no less than (3) different outfits, making High Standard clones. Some making the pistols, using more than one name.

Because H-S Houston, was the only one with the legal authority. To actually own the rights to the H-S pistols. They forced the other ones out of business.

To bad they couldn't make a go of it. The original H-S company, was one of the top o the line manufacturers from the 40's to the mid 80's. When they went out of business.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mitchell arms, ft worth arms, and stoger. all 3 got whacked.

btw...the stainless versions of thoses clones had issues with disimilar metal erosion. never really were all that great.
    ft worth was the only co that tried something different. they made a 3" victor..... collectible.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a Victor mfg. 1974! Two orig. mags and the box[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    it would be interesting to see if one of the 3 companies that was making hs's before being sued, buys them out. afterall, they are technically set up to make them already. the old machining must be in their basements just waiting.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey bean, email me. I got a list of good ones im letting go!
    nec9554@juno.com
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.