In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rifle scope mounting?

ksp771ksp771 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone give me some advise on mounting a scope to a Remington Model 700? It is already taped and drilled. Do I just remove the factory screws from the rifle and then place the scope to the gun or is their another process that I need to do?

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The screws that are already there are just hole fillers to keep crude out if you are using iron sights. Remove those (and keep them in a plastic bag, bottle or somewhere with you tools labeled so you don't loose them and can replace them if you sell the rifle) and use the screws that come with your bases and rings to mount the scope. If you have not mounted a scope before, or if you do not have a columnator (bore sighter) and leveler, it might be a good idea to have a gunsmith at your local shop mount the scope. They only charge a little and sometimes do it free if you bought the rifle or scope there.