In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Identity, Value?

BAALBBAALB Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have inherited a semi-auto pistol from a family member and need some help in identifying it and finding out an approx. value. The only markings are on the side:GABILONDOS Y URRESTI-CIBAR-RUBY CAL 7.56The only other marking is the serial number. From its appearance, the gun has been used quite a bit. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,BAALB

Comments

• Options
    luger01luger01 Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BAALB,Your pistol is one of many, many "Ruby" pistols made by several Spanish companies. Most were not of high quality. Basically they were the Lorcins and Jennings of today.The company name you have listed (GABILONDOS Y URRESTI). I can't tell you much about this outfit, but there were many small companies that made these Browning knock-offs.I would not shoot the pistol, unless a well-qualified gunsmith gave it a clean bill of health and was willing to shoot it himself. Low quality steel, poor heat treatments and such make these display pistols, not shooters.The value is low, maybe $25-35 if you find someone who wants it.
  • Options
    J.JohnJ.John Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Luger01 is correct, but I would value it slightly higher. The Ruby's are starting to have a small collector following and I would raise the value to $60-$100, condition being the determining factor.
  • Options
    BAALBBAALB Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replys. I have no intention of firing it in the condition it is in. Again, thanks for the info.