In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

muzzle brake or not to muzzle brake

moses25moses25 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
i was going to put a muzzle brake on my russian sks...i thought it might help improve the accuracy...now i'm thinking it may hurt the accuracy of the rifle. i have a brake with vents only in the top...any help?

Comments

• Options
    jjce11jjce11 Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've done the same thing to my russian sks and it works beautifully. Less felt recoil and it has not hurt accuracy
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure are loud.
  • Options
    king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Correctly installed, muzzle brake should not affect accuracy one way or the other.However, depending on how well it functions, it will REDUCE felt recoil, but INCREASE noise and muzzle blast.Of course, to each his own, but I do not find the recoil of the SKS enough to even consider a brake.Have fun, be careful;Morty
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think by reducing felt reciol, it would therefore technically be increasing accuracy.I would deffinatly say get one, the only question you should be asking is which one to get...
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    leeblackman is incorrect again.Felt recoil has nothing to do with accuracy.He posts a lot butNever mind,this will just lead to something sad