In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W revolver id problem???

webgrammerwebgrammer Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I recently inherited a S&W revovler, and was trying to find out what model it was and what it is worth. All it says on it is .32 S&W LONG, on the barrel. The serial number is 272182. Any help would be greatly appr.Thanks alot

Comments

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at the fine print on top of the barrel.Come back with a description on condition and type of finish, bore, cylinder bores, barrel length, condition of grips, their marking, material.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gun is in perfect condition, It was my grandmothers, and she was scared of it so it just sat under the bed. There is nothing written on top of the barrel, It is a 6 shot. I did notice that before the serial number there is a k. It is not right next to the number, but very close. I dont know the barrel length of hand, but it is a long barrel. If you need the exact length let me know and I will measure it.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you open and swing out the cylinder by pulling forward on the exposed portion of the cylinder pin???? Or does it have a sliding cylinder latch on the left side of the frame??? I suspect it is the latter.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were many clones made of S&W revolvers. Look on the cylinder for patent dates and look on the grips for the smith logo. A lot of the old guns just say they are chambered for S&W long, not that they are S&W.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your S&W .32 Hand Ejector Third Model was one of the early ones, made around 1911-1913. Current values for one as you have described is around $235 to $300. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    grips are wood, and have a brass S&W logo, the revolver is opened by a latch on the left side, and also has the s&w logo engraed on the gun itself