In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 710?

BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
A follow up question to my earlier post about the Remington 700:Since most of you seem to think the .30-06 is the way to go, do you think it might be better to go with Remington's newest centerfire, the 710?It only comes in .270 Win and .30-06 Springfield, but it's about $100 less than the 700, plus it supposedly has all sorts of bells and whistles that you can only find on a 2001 model.It's being advertised as a value priced rifle, and it seems to be pretty good, but I'm not jumping in until I get some solid evidence.If any one has owned or fired both, or has any other insight to offer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 710 has had some problems since it was introduced. It's definitely an "entry-level" rifle, and users have reported having to have the bolt raceway polished to make the gun shootable.If you want a bargain, new, entry-level rifle go with the Savage 110. Or, you should be able to pick up a nice used Rem 700 for the price of the new 710.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would stick with the adl, it has so many aftermarket parts available for it, it will last you along time, consider how long you plan to hunt with it and divide the cost over the period of time and the cost difference will come out to a few dollars a year. I have a Winchester Black Shadow that I got from Bass Pro Shops $299, $321 out the door, cheaper than the 710 and a much better rifle, they also sold the 700 ADL's for $299. Stick with the 700, they will also retain their value better.
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com