In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tactical Shotgun

jcwalshjcwalsh Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
CONSIDERING PURCHASE OF AN AUTO TACTICAL SHOTGUN. LIKE THE LOOKS AND OPTIONS AVAILABLE ON CHARLES DALY SPECIAL AND MOSSBERG SPX FOR THE PRICE. ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH EITHER OF THESE ? THANKS

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking to purchase a Tactical Shotgun and would appreciate any recomendations.Auto or PumpBBL lengthManufacturerNew/UsedThanks,Jeff
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mossberg 590Older Ithaca 37 PS
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Norinco Md 98 with 18 1/2" barrel, 5+1 rounds with ghost sights NIB for 169.00. I'm very happy with it.Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelI am the NRA, the RKBA, NJ Area Rep for the 2ampd, and the AARP :(njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You didn't mention how much your budget allowed, my pick is the Benelli M1-Super 90....a little higher than most but quality is there.
  • Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lots o money = Benelli tactical autolittle money = remington 870 marine
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lots and lots of money= Benelli M3Convertible from semi auto to pump action.
    Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to spend $300-500.Does anyone own the Benelli closet shotgun lock? Is there a shotgun lock that uses a keypad to open?Jeff
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go with the Mossberg 590 or Rem 870. I've shot both and would recommend either. I think the 590 is a little lighter and usually comes standard with a 9 shot tube. With either gun, if you're willing to spend your $500 max you can get some other goodies to go with it and have a pretty nice setup.
  • Options
    briscobrisco Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JC, the Benelli M3 or M1 would be great, but for us mere mortals I recommend the Mossberg 590. They offer it in many configurations, just check their website for details, including MSRP. I have the 590 Marinecote 9 shot, although the new 590A1 has my attention:9 shot, ghost ring sights, speed-feed stock, and more. I believe it is the standard U.S. military 12 guage, and many police depts. also use it.Regards, Brisco