In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Replacement Magazine Advice

thelaresterthelarester Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hi, I just picked up a used Beretta 96 and I am thinking about picking up an extra magazine (or two). Are there any favorite aftermarket brands to consider, or any that I should stay away from ? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Mecgar is preferred, especially since they made the originals for Beretta anyway.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll agree Mec-Gars are best. I did buy a USA magazine from Natchezs that was being clearanced and it performed excellently in my Beretta 92. I purchased several more at a great price and used them to complete a high-volume defensive pistol course (several hundred rounds each day)and they performed flawlessly. Maybe I got lucky.
  • Options
    thelaresterthelarester Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I just ordered a Mec-Gar. I found one for around $15.00 (new)while searching Yahoo. It's funny but some sites are sold out of this mag.