In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ASA .308 AR, anybody try one yet???

briscobrisco Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I'm considering the new ASA .308 AR rifle, and I'd like to know if anyone here has tried it yet.I really like the idea of a .308 AR that uses FAL mags.If you've not tried the ASA .308, what's your opinion of other ASA products and customer service?Regards, Brisco

Comments

• Options
    s.a.45bubbas.a.45bubba Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're really doing the right thing in considering magazines in selecting a .308 semi-auto rifle. I bought an AR-10A2 carbine and 20 round mags cost me plenty! 5 for 300 bucks! Ouch!
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ordered an AR-15 upper from them about 3-4 years ago, before they changed thier name to ASA (same people, same location, at least 3 different names in the last 8 years) ... took 2 months to get it, supposedly in stock ... they even gave me a bogus UPS tracking number TWICE ... haven't delt with them since. Finally got my upper and it was good quality and all, but they lost my trust forever!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    briscobrisco Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys, thanks for the replys.KK, are you saying that the ASA product, at least a couple of years ago, was fine but thier service was not commendable?If I ran accross their .308 AR I would likely buy it, but now I'm concerned if it should need service or proprietary parts.Brisco
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brisco,That was my one and only experiance with them, product was fine but they lied to me at least 3 times (once that it was in stock and 2 bogus tracking numbers) maybe they have changed but wont order from them again ... purchase from a dealer that has one I can see-hold-try & buy ... maybe.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.