In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barrel or new shotgun for bird hunting

Wild WestWild West Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a very nice Ithaca N.I.D. but there is a 30 inch barrel on the gun. I can get another barrel (26 inch) but would I be better off putting the money in another gun? I can get a new barrel from Ithaca Classic Doubles for an arm and leg but they would stamp my number on the barrel. It would make a hell of a nice set. The gun is about as near new as you can get. But would it be functional as a good bird gun or should I just get a new gun with assorted chokes? Thanks for the help. John West

Comments

• Options
    Wild WestWild West Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some help please!
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be a very nice bird gun. How about a 28" set choked IC/Skeet or Skeet/Skeet? You'll find the 28" to balance better than shorter tubes.I'm all for having the second set of barrels whether or not you get another shotgun.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com