In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 Carbine Inland Mfg Dates

black_adder2black_adder2 Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
All,

I have an Inland Div receiver with the serial 3,017,1XX

The barrel is marked Inland Mfg Div 11-43

Is there a chart anyhwere online or in a book that has manufacturers serial numbers cross reference by month produced like for Garands?

I have Craig Riesch's book on Wartime Production but there is only serial number blocks referenced in it, so its an Inland all right but I already knew that...

Any links or help would be appreciated.

Joe

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are few records of M1 carbine production by serial #. Some were completed out of sequence, & many carbines were assembled from parts made by other manufacturers. Inland got the contract for making them in November, 1941, & continued making them until the end of WWII.

The greatest value of Riesch's book is that it helps you understand if your carbine is all original, has parts replaced, or is a rebuild.

Neal
  • Options
    black_adder2black_adder2 Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neal,

I am trying to figure out if the barrel and reciever match, which seems hard to do, do you know of anywhere, book or website, I can sync the date to the serial number?