In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

great big GERMAN scope (CARL ZEISS JENA) tank?arty

mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
1. 28" long * 3 1/2" diam
2. brass / steel / iron construction
3. at least 50 pounds in wieght
4. DATA PLACK:
CARL ZEISS
JENA
P. Sch.Z.C/47
4-(DIV.SIGN)20X(DIAMOND SIGN)17.5(DIV. SIGN)3,5(DEGREE SIGN)
"STYLIZED EAGLE"
M
12.7 cm S.K.C/34
M.P.L.C/34
No.101R

5. adjusting knobs:
Farbglas=
Wechsler

VergroBerung

Sehscharfe

yellow tinted lens(also red, and clear...)
crosshair with bottom line having an arrow top (looks like a bottom open triangle pointing towards were the hairs cross in the center of the lens

4-20 power (when you turn the "VergroBerung" knob the numbers visual through a window go from 4-20)

what the heck is it???
i will try to post pics later....
can anyone id this from the data plack???
an arty sight???
tank sight???
navel gun sight???

best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a bit of a stab here but it COULD be the sight for a self propelled gun called the Hummel. It was the further developement of the original SP version, the Nashorn. The Nash used the long barreled 88 and the successor used a 127mm gun(I think!). Somewhere in the Placquard I saw 127 and that is where I base the guess; that and several other abreviations look like the ones for tank and gun. Hope someone else has a more definate idea!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)