In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what -gun?

uncledanouncledano Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking at a remington mtn. rifle in 7mm08 model#700 very light & sweet.new!! I'm also looking at a used Brn.medellion in 7mm08 cal.with the boss system in real good shape.I would use this gun for Deer hunting,the remington sells for $629.the brn.sells for $540.used with a cheap 3-9 scope,boss,leoupold,rings,mounts.What gun would be more accurate?What is the better gun,what would you choose? Any help? Thanks....Dano.

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm a Browning man myself, therefor I'd probably go with the A-bolt. The BOSS system is used to fine tune a particular bullet. While both rifles are very accurate, I just like Browning more. You really cannot go wrong either way. It does sound like a good price for the Browning, I paid $550 for my A-bolt Stalker 300wsm. The Medallion series is a good deal more in price because of the high quality finish.

COOLBULLETS.jpg You are knuckle-dragging ape with a gun.
  • Options
    juddroyjuddroy Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The BOSS system makes that rifle so stinkin loud though. Your rifle is only as good as your optics.Sacrifice once and get a ZEISS or LEOPOLD scope, It only hurts once.If you put a cheap scope scope on your rifle it hurts every time you shoot it. My 2 cents

Teach them young ! Teach them often !
    God bless America!
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not the boss that makes it loud, it's the muzzle brake. It should come with an end cap with no brake in it.

the voices in my head don't scare me. it's only when they stop that i get a little nervous.
  • Options
    linemechlinemech Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an browning a bolt in 7mm rem mag and i have a rem 700vs 308 with a few mods the thick bbl burris scope light trigger etc... I still get angry when i outshoot myself with the abolt at less than half the total cost. just my 2c Also dont buy the cheap scope you will wish that you didnt.