In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

winchester/sears/ question

shooting matchshooting match Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
I was just woundering if the model 200 by winchester was ever made in a 36 inch barrel a man told me he had one and would sell it but I tought winchester did not make a 36inch barrel is this a fixed gun or is it because of the sears part of the gun any help about a model 200 would be great

Comments

• Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really don't know about the barrel length. I do know that the stocks do not interchange between the 200 and the Win. 1200. I've had my 200 for at least 30 odd years. It was my only bird gun for half that time and my only slug gun for deer after that. It's one of the fastest pumps around, as upon firing, the bolt unlocks early enough to "assist" the action bars. I used to think this was an odd quirk until I saw some old ads where this feature was promoted by Winchester. If fired one handed, the forend racks all the way back. Kind of like it's "half semiauto". ....See if the barrel is Sears, or if a Win. barrel was put on it. I'd guess you could probably get non-standard lengths on special order from Win.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    shooting matchshooting match Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shooting match
    I was just woundering if the model 200 by winchester was ever made in a 36 inch barrel a man told me he had one and would sell it but I tought winchester did not make a 36inch barrel is this a fixed gun or is it because of the sears part of the gun any help about a model 200 would be great