In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SKB 585?

chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hi, how can you tell what model the gun is. Will it be stamped on it say if it was a skeet model, stamped skeet or trap or whatever?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Not knowing anything about the respective designs of trap or skeet I can say that, if field grade is a question, chokes (back when I was in the field) were measured as follows. A dime ( on a 12 ga.) will not fit through a modified choke. Next down is improved cyl. it will fit in this and larger chokes.

Usually trap and skeet guns were a little more embellished with checkering and engraving. Exact diameters of chokes can be found on the net, I've seen them but haven't saved the sites.

I know a guy who shoots trap in a serious way, with something modern. He carries a tackle box full of interchangeable chokes, proof that there is more than 3.

Hopes this helps some.

"You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a couple hours or douse him with fuel oil and keep him warm the rest of his life"