In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22 LR shot

robkelly2242robkelly2242 Member Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
I'm on my last box of Western SUPER-X .22 Long Rifle shot. It's a crimped round with #12 shot in it. The designation on the box is SX22LRS. Does anyone know if this is still made, and if so where can I get more? I'm in So. Calif. and most stores never heard of it.

Comments

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I buy 22lr shot shells all the time. I shoot them from my Remington 572SB (smoothbore) rifle. Most good/large gun shops should carry them. I use Winchester or Federal with the crimped ends. I think CCI is too expensive. Just today a friend told me that it is also available in #10 shot. Hope this helps!

Ed Konopasek
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use winchester shot, when I can find it. Walmart no longer carries any of the winchester shot, and it seems that some gun shops are not either. I prefer the winchester shot over CCI cause I have seen pigeons get hit and live with CCI shot. The CCI shot only comes in little packes of 20 and they have a blue cap over them. If you do need some shot, CCI seems a lot easier to find.
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check www.cabellas.com
    www.midwayusa.com. Midway has it up to case lots and in
    Federal #12 $5.49, Winchester #12 $5.39, and Remington#10 $5.00, and also the CCI's. Takes a little looking as they have so many flavors of .22.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We stock it and it is readily available.
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chestnut ridge supply has them for $5.00 a box or $46.00 a brick. I order lots of rimfire ammo from them and they have excellent service.