In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22cal ammo book

H-D DukeH-D Duke Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
Is there a book on .22cal ammo that has the dates & descriptions of all the manufacturer?
Thanks H-D Duke

Comments

• Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    I got a book from Sportsman Warehouse called Ammo&Balliststics II.It has everything you'll need to know.The author is Bob Forker. Whats your question, maybe I can help?

And this has come to pass,not to stay.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    H-D, I believe the reference you seek, at least for US makers, is this one:

Dunn, Anthony. 1986. Catalog of the .22 Boxes Non-US. Sturgis, Michigan. 400p.

The book is out of print, but someone on the Left Coast has the license to produce photocopy reprints for a loose-leaf notebook and these run roughly $60. I bought a copy about four years ago, but cannot remember the name of the source.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • Options
    kidsgunkidsgun Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give Richard Rains (editor of "The .22 Box) a call (509)624-8772 or email <rlr22box@aol.com>. He's in Spokane, WA and the one mentioned in the previous response. I think the cost may be a bit understated, but Dunn's book and all of its updates is a great source.
    Good luck, Bill
  • Options
    longbowhntrlongbowhntr Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to this website and most all .22 is covered
    http://www.22ammo.com/22ammo.html
  • Options
    H-D DukeH-D Duke Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all your help.
    H-D Duke