In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester pre 64, what's it worth

stlbob11stlbob11 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
Any idea what the going market value is for a Winchester pre 64 model 70 in 250-300 in 99% condition, and a Winchester model 70 pre 64 supergrade in 22 hornet also 99% condition?

Comments

• Options
    snickerssnickers Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have two very desireable Model 70's. It would be very difficult to find these two in this condition. If all original I would put a value on the 250-3000 at about $1850-$2400 and about $2400-$2900 on the Super Grade. The year of manufacture will have some bearing on the value of the rifles. Pre war rifles will usually bring the most with some buyers paying a premium for the transition models. If in 99% refinished condition I would reduce the estimate by 30-40%. Hope this helps.

MONEY TALKS mine says good-bye
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To the right collector... LOT$. As you already know, both of those cartridge chamberings are a bit on the "uncommon" side. A serious Model 70 collector would likely pay in $2000 - $2500 range for the 250-3000, and at least $2500 - $3000 for the Supergrade 22 Hornet (possibly a lot more if you could get a couple of collectors in a bidding war).

edit... well, I see that snickers and I are in complete agreement[^]

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!